Ashgrove’s Top Secret Adventure
Ashgrove Adventure has gone undercover. Your mission: become a secret agent and gather critical intelligence. Develop your disguise to maintain your cover and create your new identity. Learn to make and use your own spy gadgets. Consult with cryptologists to make and break codes. Help your team construct and follow trail signs through unknown territory. Keep your eyes on the target as you practice archery, slingshot, and tomahawk. Challenge yourself on our trust and initiative course, then debrief with a cup of hand-cranked ice cream. Ashgrove Adventure is looking for new recruits to join us in Secrets and Spies.
The Adult volunteer application will be posted around the new year.
Remember there are 2 Steps to the Ashgrove Adult volunteer application:
- Apply to volunteer
- Signup (on the GSCNC website) for Ashgrove
Ashgrove Adventure, a two-week, fun-filled, Girl Scout Summer Day Camp takes place at Camp Crowell; a beautifully wooded 57-acre Girl Scout camp located near Oakton, VA. Ashgrove has served an average of 350 girls, mostly from Northern Virginia, for over 40 years with a different exciting theme every year. Campers range in age from pre-school through eighth grade. To facilitate this fun, 150 dedicated adult and teenage volunteers dress in fun costumes with brightly colored knee socks and help campers experience: archery, outdoor cooking, camp skills, team building, arts & crafts, nature, culture, science, music, and ice-cream making! Campers third grade and older have the opportunity to experience a one-night sleepover, complete with a campfire, skits, and s’mores. Ashgrove Adventure is a magical place where girls (and the sons of staff members) can “make new friends, but keep the old”. Come join the fun!
Our Why Volunteeer? video from 2015 is available on YouTube. The theme changes every year, but the fun is always the same!
All camp meetings sessions will be held at Camp Crowell in nearby Oakton. Our meetings are designed to
- Familiarize you with the way our camp operates
- Provide you with the information about the theme that you can use in planning your part of the program
- Introduce you to skills you can use to make your unit or center a success for you and the campers
This year’s meeting date/time/location information can be found on our For Staff page.
Required meetings are as follows:
All New Staff:
- New Staff Orientation
- GS #101 – sign up for any GSCNC session if you haven’t taken it already
- Center Kick-Off Meeting
- Additional individual Center meetings
- Unit Kick-Off Meeting
- Additional individual Unit meetings
- Ashgrove Cook Out Training (if not already qualified)
- Ashgrove Blitz (formerly BYOBB and Enrichment Roundup)
Unit and Center Staff:
- All Camp Kick-Off