Games & Giggles Galore: Let the Games Begin!
Guess who is the mastermind? Get on target with games in archery, seek and find the wonders of Nature, cooperate like a barrel of monkeys to conquer the chutes and ladders of our challenge course. Strategize and escape to a land of sweets for hand-cranked frozen treats, or share the rhythm of singing & action games. Build empires and towers, but don’t be sorry and topple them! Test your memory and mine your skills to perfection when favorite games emerge from boards and video screens as life-sized fun. Get our clue? Make sure to connect for Ashgrove Adventure’s Games & Giggles Galore for the time of your life.
WHERE: Camp Crowell
WHEN: June 21st – July 2nd
Overnight (grades 3 and above): due to COVID restrictions, we will not have a tradition overnight
Older Girl field trip (grades 6-8): TBA
As we all know, things are uncertain and changing daily, however we are moving forward with planning for Giggles and Games Galore! We hope it will happen, but we are Girl Scouts and need to remember our #1 rule- it has to be safe. All fees paid will be refunded if we must cancel camp due to Covid-19.
There are many things that will be different if we do get to have camp this coming summer and what we are currently planning for can change any time between now and camp. We’re looking at ways to adjust our camp gatherings to enable the maximum social distancing and limit our contacts while we’re at camp.
1) Our capacity will be reduced.
We are currently looking at units sized at 10-15 campers to enable proper social distancing with nearly as much staff to help facilitate proper safety protocols.
2) We have decided that bus transportation this year, given the requirements to socially distance, is not financially feasible. Therefore, we have reduced the registration fee by $25.
3) We will not have our traditional overnight. Socially distancing if we have bad weather is nearly impossible. We are exploring alternatives for the activities that normally occur on the overnight.
OPEN-REGISTRATION CAMPER FEES:
- Grades K-5: $165
- Grades 6-8: $195
- Camp Aides, Grades 9-12: $0
STAFF CAMPER FEES:
- Age 3 – Grade 5: $90
- Grades 6-8: $120
- Camp Aides, Grades 8-12: No Fee (8th grade Camp Aides must have completed the Ashgrove AIT Program)
- Staff Boys, Age 3 – Grade 6: $90
- Go-fers, Staff Boys Grades 7-8 by application: No Fee
Adult Volunteer Opportunities: Unit Staff or Interest Center Staff
- Staff children are guaranteed a slot at camp, including children 3 and over and boys under age 13 or who have been at camp previously
- Save $100 for every camper in your family (see staff camper fees)
- Gain skills and learn new things
- Training provided as well as lots of support
- Help campers be anything that they want to be, while you do the same thing!
Our Why Volunteeer? video is available on YouTube.
c/o Kathleen Rafferty
13604 Flintwood Pl
Herndon, VA 20171