WOW!!! Wonders of the World
Join us to explore the wonders of the world at Ashgrove. Let the stars and planets be your guide to recreate Stonehenge. Light your signal fires from the top of the Great Wall of China. Hike down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, then up to the snows of Kilimanjaro. Enjoy the fun of hand-cranked ice cream. Lift your voices in harmony as you sing from majestic cathedrals. Travel through time to the trade routes of Rome and test yourself on the challenge course. Practice archery, shoot slingshots, or throw tomahawks. Bring to life the people of the pyramids and craft your own engineering wonder. Pack up your imagination and sense of adventure; it’s time to travel. The Wonders of the World await you at Ashgrove!
The Adult volunteer application is open and due February 14th.
Remember there are now 3 Steps to the Ashgrove Adult volunteer application:
- Register as a Girl Scout (if not registered already)
- Apply to volunteer (2/14, 2022 deadline)
- Signup (on the GSCNC website) for Ashgrove
Ashgrove Adventure, a two-week, fun-filled, Girl Scout Summer Day Camp takes place at Camp Crowell; a beautifully wooded 57-acre Girl Scout camp located near Oakton, VA. Ashgrove has served an average of 350 girls, mostly from Northern Virginia, for over 40 years with a different exciting theme every year. Campers range in age from pre-school through eighth grade. To facilitate this fun, 150 dedicated adult and teenage volunteers dress in fun costumes with brightly colored knee socks and help campers experience: archery, outdoor cooking, camp skills, team building, arts & crafts, nature, culture, science, music, and ice-cream making! Campers third grade and older have the opportunity to experience a one-night sleepover, complete with a campfire, skits, and s’mores. Ashgrove Adventure is a magical place where girls (and the sons of staff members) can “make new friends, but keep the old”. Come join the fun!
Our Why Volunteeer? video from 2015 is available on YouTube. The theme changes every year, but the fun is always the same!
All camp meetings sessions will be held at Camp Crowell in nearby Oakton. Our meetings are designed to
- Familiarize you with the way our camp operates
- Provide you with the information about the theme that you can use in planning your part of the program
- Introduce you to skills you can use to make your unit or center a success for you and the campers
This year’s meeting date/time/location information can be found on our For Staff page.
Required meetings are as follows:
All New Staff:
- New Staff Orientation
- GS #101 – sign up for any GSCNC session if you haven’t taken it already
- Center Kick-Off Meeting
- Additional individual Center meetings
- Unit Kick-Off Meeting
- Additional individual Unit meetings
- Ashgrove Cook Out Training (if not already qualified)
- Ashgrove Blitz (formerly BYOBB and Enrichment Roundup)
Unit and Center Staff:
- All Camp Kick-Off